Wrinkles, the bane of every woman’s existence!
As we age, our natural collagen production sadly decreases, making our skin less elastic and thus prone to wrinkles.
Luckily, there are certain creams and collagen-boosters out there, like the Elemis Pro-Collagen Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream, that might just save our skin.
Ask Not What You Can Do for Elemis, but What Elemis Can Do for You!
I first came across the Elemis product, quite honestly, by accident, and was immediately drawn to the excellent ingredients they use to create their skincare products.
Their Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream contains:
- Padina Pavonica (or in everyday terms, plain old seaweed) is a brown alga hailing from the Mediterranean Sea and hailed by many as skincare gold. It skillfully attracts moisture and strengthens the moisture barrier, while also soothing and promoting a more rapid cell turnover.
- Chlorella is a microalga, so a type of baby seaweed, renowned for its ability to firm up loose or saggy skin. Chlorella’s secret superpower lies in the fact that it’s loaded choc-full with vitamin B, magnesium, zinc, and all these amazing skin nutrients.
- Ginkgo Biloba is a great source of natural antioxidants, such as quercetin and kaempferol, which help combat the effects of free radicals, and consequently, signs of aging. When used regularly in your skincare routine, GB can really make a difference in toning up and firming your skin.
So immediately, I fell in love with the Elemis Pro-Collagen Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream.
As someone with fairly sensitive skin, I was also charmed by the fact that it’s non-comedogenic, meaning the cream won’t clog up your pores, as some do.
What I found, in using the Elemis Pro-Collagen Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream, was that the cream was rich and nourishing and that my skin would immediately feel hydrated.
But perhaps that’s not saying much, since that’s a common effect with moisturizers, one that unfortunately disappears in 30 minutes. But not with Elemis.
After using the Elemis cream in my morning routine, I could go a good 8-12 hours without needing to reapply.
Often, I would end the day with my face still feeling satisfied and hydrated, which was a pleasant change from other products.
What Are Other People Saying About It?
Of course, it’s always a smart idea to also get a second opinion, so judging by the many positive Amazon reviews, here’s what I found:
- It’s a medium-light consistency that absorbs well into the face, neck, and cleavage area;
- Many noted being blissfully wrinkle-free after prolonged use.
One considerable downside is the fairly high price (currently sitting at just over 84 pounds), going even higher if you also decide to invest in the Elemis cleanser and face oil, as they recommend you to.
However, many customers note that the cream’s high quality justifies the price and makes it totally worth it (which I agree with).
Verdict: Yay or Nay?
Overall, I was quite pleased with the Elemis Pro-Collagen Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream. It does seem to make my face more elastic and nurtured, so a definitive yay from me.
- Would I use the product again?
Yes, I definitely would.
- Did the effect match the product′s description?
Yes, it left my skin feeling replenished and smooth.
- Would I recommend it to my friends?